Hyderabad: City Commissioner of Police Anjani Kumar has issued a traffic advisory because of Independence Day celebrations at Golconda Fort.
The road from Ramdev Guda to Golconda Fort will be closed for general vehicle traffic from 7.00 a.m. at noon on August 15th. Ramdev Guda's entry to Golconda Fort will be used for car pass holders A, B and C who are invited to attend the flag hoisting ceremony on Independence Day between 7.30 am and 11 am.
All guests coming in vehicles with car passes A, B and C from Secunderabad, Banjara Hills, Masab Tank, Mehdipatnam side must proceed through the Rethi Bowl and National Nagar junctions and turn left towards Balika Bhavan, Lunger Houz Flyover, Tippu Khan Bridge, Ramdev Guda, right turn Makai Darwaza and Golconda Fort Gate to get off.
Parking Details: 1. A car pass holder must park their vehicles on the main road in front of Fort Gate, that is, towards Fateh Darwaza Road.
2. B car pass holders must park their vehicle at the Golconda bus stop, 25 meters from the gate.
3. C car pass holders are requested to park in the Football / Boys grounds by turning right near the Golconda bus stop.
4. D car pass holders are requested to get off at Priyadarshini School, Golconda and give their vehicle for parking inside the School premises.
5. E car pass holders are requested to come via Seven Tomb, turn left towards the Golf club, right turn, Jamali Darwaza and park their vehicles at Owaisi/GHMC playground. (600 metres away from Golconda Fort Main Gate)
6. F car passes, i.e. general public are requested to come via: Under the Langer House flyover, take U-turn and turn left towards Fathe Darwaza and park their vehicles at HUDA park near Fathe Darwaza
7. General Public coming from Shaikpet and Tolichowki can park their cars inside the Seven Tombs.
They can board free RTC buses at both the places to reach the venue as well as while leaving.
After Flag Hoisting
1. A, B & C Car Pass holders should exit through Makai Darwaza, Ramdev Guda and Langar houz etc.
2. D car pass holders should exit through Banjara Darwaza, Seven Tombs etc.
3. E car pass holders should exit from Bada bazaar, Fathe Darwaza or Jamali Darwaza, Golf Club, Seven Tombs etc. and Langar houz etc.
4. F passes, i.e. the general public should exit through their respective parking places only.
For easy identification, all the invitees are requested to always display their Car Passes prominently on the left side of Windscreen of their vehicles.
Further, they are also requested to come on time. They are also requested to co-operate with the Traffic Police manning the Routes, alighting points and the parking places. After the flag hoisting ceremony between 10:30 AM to 12 Noon, to facilitate the smooth passage of invitees from Banjara Darwaza the General public coming from seven tombs towards Golconda Fort will be diverted from Golf club, Jamali Darwaza.
At the Main gate of Golconda Fort public address system is being arranged to call the drivers of the invitees to the boarding place. Secunderabad Parade Grounds 1. From 8.00 AM to 10.00 AM, traffic coming from Tivoli towards Plaza will be restricted. 2. Traffic will be diverted at Tivoli Junction towards Brooke Bond and N.C.C Junction.