Boiler Explosion At Rajendranagar BC Hostel: Class X Girl Suffers Severe Burns

Image for representation - Sakshi Post

Hyderabad: A Class 10 student, living in a government hostel for backward classes in Telangana's Rajendranagar has been fighting for justice after she suffered burn injuries last while working in the hostel kitchen.

According to a report in a leading channel, the girl was cooking in the hostel kitchen when the boiler burst scalding her all over the body. The hostel warden had asked all the girls to cook, in turns.

The teenager said that the warden warned her against reporting the matter and said that the hostel would take care of her treatment payment.

However, the school authorities refused to take action into the matter and instead told her mother to 'do what you want', the channel reported.

Reportedly, the girl and her mother approached the district collector of Ranga Reddy when they went to visit a local government office, but he too turned the duo away.

Child rights activist Achyutha Rao has complained to the state chief secretary and called for the warden's suspension as well as investigation into the case immediately.

Also Read: Hindu Politician Takes Islamophobia To New Heights, Refuses To See Muslim Anchor

Also Read: Zomato Shuts Up Bigotry, Says Food Doesn’t Have Religion After Customer Seeks Non-Muslim Rider

Also Read: UP Alcoholic Bets Wife And Loses, Friends Gang-Rape Her

Advertisement
Back to Top