3 Tribal Children Die Of Suspected Food Poisoning in Adilabad

Victims undergoing treatment for food poisoning - Sakshi Post

Adilabad: Three children including two infants and a six-year old who belonged to the Kolam tribe died after they consumed contaminated food in a marriage reception in Kolamguda Village at Narnoor mandal in Adilabad district on Wednesday.

According to police, twenty-two others also fell ill while the condition of one child is said to be critical.The deceased were Kodapa Laxman (1), Sidam Chinnu Bai (6) and Kodapa Ramu, an eight-month-old infant, all belonging to Kolamguda.

District Medical Health Officer Dr B Rajiv Raj said they ate stale meat which was said to have been cooked two days earlier, but was served on Wednesday. As soon as they ate the food, they started vomiting followed by giddiness. While one child died on the spot and other two died while undergoing treatment at Narnoor Primary Health Centre.

Officials said that they would shift some of the critical patients to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Adilabad for observation. Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA) Utnoor Project Officer S Krishna Aditya and Utnoor DSP David Yesudas also visited the village and enquired about the incident.

Also Read: Adilabad Among 15 Hottest Places On Earth

Back to Top