Gurla, Vizianagaram district: Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh legislative assembly and YSR Congress president, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy said that Chandrababu Naidu was afraid that his illegally acquired wealth would be seized by the income tax department. Addressing a massive public meeting here in Gurla of Cheepurupalli constituency, on the 280th day of his mass contact initiative, Praja Sankalpa Yatra, YS Jagan hit out at Chandrababu Naidu in a scathing attack saying that the TDP supremo had already ensured that Rs.30 crores was sent to each constituency in the state in view of the upcoming elections.
Chandrababu was now in a state of utter panic that this illegally acquired money would be traced and seized, the YSRCP chief asserted. YS Jagan lashed out at Chandrababu Naidu saying that the AP chief minister bought over 23 YSRCP MLAs like cattle in the market, and was now petrified that he would have to account for the source of money which was spent on these defections. Why is it that Chandrababu Naidu who did not react to income tax department raids earlier, was now in such a frightful state, the YSRCP chief questioned. He further added that over the past four years there had been no development and the only thing which was visible to everyone was rampant corruption.
YS Jagan pointed out that Chandrababu Naidu had put the important project of Thotapalli, which was a much needed one for the district, in cold storage. The YSRCP chief reminded the huge gathering present here that during the late Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy's time, 90% of the work on this project had been completed. Chandrababu Naidu failed to get the remaining 10% of the work on this project completed, he pointed out.
It is only after Chandrababu Naidu came to power that jute mills in the district began to shut down, YS Jagan observed. He remarked that there were 16 jute mills in Vizianagaram district alone. Six of these had already shut down and the main reason behind the closure of jute mills in the district, was the increase in electricity tariff. The YSRCP chief pointed out that as a result of the closure of this jute mills, thousands of people were losing their jobs and main source of livelihood.
The highest number of victims of the Agrigold scam were to be found in north Andhra region, he commented. YS Jagan observed that there were 18 lakh Agrigold victims in the state and that they had not been paid compensation so far. If Rs. 1100 crores were to be set aside to pay the compensation amount, all the victims of the scam could be helped out of this crisis, the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh said.