YSRCP chief YS Jagan addressed a key media conference on Wednesday on the conduct of the AP Legislative Assembly session and the way the discussion on the Call Money Scam, in which TDP legislators were involved, was sought to be scuttled. Here are the highlights of his media address:
* SESSION IS MEANINGLESS: Everyone wanted the Assembly to discuss the whole issue of Call Money threadbare as the TDP legislators and other key leaders were involved. But, the session was only for five days. The Opposition wanted the house session to be conducted for at least 10 days to discuss several key issues. But, the government wanted it to be only for five days. Thus, does this session have any meaning.
* DILUTE CALL MONEY ISSUE: Most important issue to be discussed was the Call Money Sex racket. To scuttle the issue, the TDP government sought to dilute the issue by conducting raids all across the state on money lenders. The real scam was in Vijayawada, where the racket thrived with the connivance of TDP leaders. But, the government tried to make it look like an issue where people from all the parties were involved.
* DELAY DEBATE: The Ambedkar issue was brought in to delay the debate. The Ambedkar issue was not listed in the business of the house for the day. The TDP tried to take refuge in Ambedkar at a time when the whole state was simmering over the sexual abuse of hapless women. Chandrababu never discussed Ambedkar on his birth or death anniversary or on November 26, the date when the constitution's writing was completed. Where was the need to discuss Ambedkar at this point? It is clear that he shamelessly exploited Ambedkar to delay the discussion.
* SCUTTLE DEBATE: Then they tried to make Chandrababu read a statement in the house. This was aimed at scuttling a discussion. If a statement is read, only a couple of clarifications could be asked and no discussion would follow. We opposed it.
* ROJA"S SUSPENSION: Then Roja was suspended for an unprecedented one year while the rule quoted by the Speaker himself says that a member could be suspended only for the period of the session. Roja was suspended so that her voice would be silenced. When I tried to raise a point of order, I was not given a chance. Even then, we tried to have a discussion and point out how Chandrababu himself was complicit to the scam.
* REPEATED DISRUPTIONS: When I addressed the house, there were repeated interruptions. Immediately after the address, the house was adjourned for the day. The next day, they disallowed discussion saying the debate was already over. Though MLCs, MLAs and Intel DG were involved in the racket, the government did not allow discussion.
* BILLS PASSED WITHOUT DISCUSSION: When they disallowed debate and refused to withdraw Roja's suspension, we protested and boycotted the rest of the session. The way the house was conducted in our absence was both shocking and surprising. They introduced eight bills and five of them were passed without any discussion. This is unprecedented.
* Bills like private universities bill, which has serious implications for students, parents and the state as a whole, was passed without debate.
* YSRCP, JAGAN BASHING: Then in the absence of YSRCP, the TDP resorted to YSRCP, Jagan and Roja bashing. 70 per cent of the time was spent on criticising us. This is highly dispicable.
* BAUXITE MINING: The tribals of Vizag agency are demanding the withdrawal of GO 97 that allows bauxite mining. But, Chandrababu has only kept it in abeyance. Chandrababu has always tried to give away bauxite mining to corporate and private bodies. Despite court verdict against his attempts, he tried to get a resolution passed by Tribal Advisory Committee in 2000 while he was Chief Minister. He even tried to hold gram sabhas supporting corporate mining and tried to bring pressure on the Centre to amend the tribals laws by bringing in changes to Schedule V of the constitution. After he became a chief minister again in 2014, he again wrote eight letters seeking second level permission for mining.
* LAND ALLOTMENTS BY TDP GOVERNMENT: Chandrababu is alloting precious government lands for peanuts. He gave away 500 acres at a cost of mere Rs 4.99 crore. In Karakambadi of Chittoor, he gave 21.68 acres at 22 lakh to Galla family. The actual cost is around Rs 45 crore. In Vizag's Madhuravada, 50 acres were given away for a mere Rs 50 lakh. The beneficiary is a benami of Chief Minister. In Srikakulam, land was given away for party's office. In Kakinada, land was given on 99 year lease for NTR memorial trust. In the CRDA area, land are being given on 99-year lease to private companies from Singapore.
* SAND MINING: After Chandrababu came to power, Sand rates went up by 15 times. But, the income did show a corresponding rise. The profit which should have been around 1500 crore, has gone up to only Rs 600 crore. There is a 2600 crore scam in super critical power projects. The per megawatt production cost is much higher in AP. IN VTPS, the per watt production cost is 6.20 crore. In Sand mining, the chief minister and his son are direct beneficiaries.
* This is the worst government in the country. It is mired in corruption through Land mafia, liquor mafia, sand mafia and sex racket mafia. We are fed up with this misgovernance.