In a day of hectic activity but little movement forward on the Cash for Vote scam, both Andhra Pradesh and the Telangana governments held series of meetings separately weighing one another’s moves and counter moves.
Here are the day’s developments:
- Telangana DGP Anurag Sharma, Commissioner Mahender Reddy and ACB DG AK Khan met Telangana chief minister KCR and discuss the developments in the cash for vote scam.
- Police begin to question Vem Narender Reddy, the TDP MLC candidate, who is accused of having a role in the scam.
- TDP’s Sattupally MLA Sandra Venkata Veeraiah given time till 5 PM on Wednesday to appear before the ACB officials and give clarifications in connection with the scam.
- KCR then meets Governor ESL Narasimhan and discusses various issues including the controversy over the law and order being created by the TDP Government.
- The YSRCP holds a key meeting of party’s senior leaders at the Lotus Pond office to discuss the latest developments in the Cash for Votes scam. The party leadership took stock of the situation.
- Key witness in the cash for vote scam and nominated MLA from the Anglo-Indian community Stephenson went to the ACB office and give a statement on the scam. His daughter Jessica also gives her statement to the ACB officials. These statements are sure to have a bearing on the case.