New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday unveiled some key labour reforms that relies on trust and promotes ease of doing business and said these efforts will go a long way in changing India's work culture.
Here are the key takeaways from the new labour policy.
* The prime minister dedicated the Shram Suvidha portal, a Labour Inspection Scheme, which enables the employees and employers to know the status of their labour issues online.
* Portability of social security through a Universal Account Number for Employees Provident Fund. This will enable the employee to have a continuity in EPF even when shifts jobs.
* E governance to bring in greater trust and transparency.
* The number of forms that companies have to fill regarding their labour force has been reduced from as many as 16 to just one now. This form can be filed online.
* Focus on vocational training. A booklet on National Brand Ambassadors for Vocational Training and a Souvenir for All India Skill Competitions released.