Unlock 4.0: Schools To Remain Closed Till September 30 In Uttarakhand

 - Sakshi Post

As part of the phase-wise unlocking of the activities, the Union Health Ministry on September 8th has issued a standard operating procedure (SOP) for a partial reopening of schools for students of 9th to 12th classes. Now, the Uttarakhand government has decided to go against the centre's decision.

State's Director of Secondary Education said in an order, "In view of the increasing coronavirus cases in the state, Uttarakhand will not resume schools on September 21, on the instruction of the state education minister Arvind Pandey, now education will be conducted from home online classes till the end of this month."

Uttarakhand's Education Minister Arvind Pandey asserted that schools will not be open in the state from September 21, adding that the decision was made in the wake of the growing number of COVID-19 cases. He further said that children's future can not be jeopardised, so the government has decided not to open any school in the state.

Unlock 4.0 guidelines released by the Ministry of Home Affairs permitted the opening of schools outside the containment zones from September 21 for students of classes 9 to 12. This will be subjected to the written consent of their parents or guardians. However, Students, teachers, and staff members living in the containment zones are not allowed to attend the school.

Earlier, Haryana's Education Minister, Kanwar Pal Gurjar gave a major statement regarding the schools and colleges' opening. During an event last week, he said that Haryana is completely prepared to open the state schools. He further added that state government is waiting for central government's permission and guidelines.

Advertisement
Back to Top