Rhea Seeks CBI Inquiry Into Sushant's Death, Maha Home Min Says Not Required

 - Sakshi Post

MUMBAI: Actor Rhea Chakraborty on Thursday, July 16 asked for a CBI investigation into the death of her boyfriend late actor Sushant Singh Rajput. Replying to this, Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh said that the case needs no intervention of the country's investigative agency and Mumbai police can handle the case. He said police have suspected no foul play in the death.

“I have the tweets and the campaign. But I don’t think that a CBI probe is required. The Mumbai Police is competent enough to handle such cases and they are investigating every aspect of the case including professional rivalry. As of now, we do not see any foul play. Details of the investigation will be shared once it is completed,” Deshmukh was quoted saying by an entertainment report.

Rhea had requested Union Home Minister Amit Shah to order a CBI inquiry to understand what "pressures" prompted actor Sushant Singh Rajput to take the extreme step of suicide.

Rajput, 34, was found dead in his Bandra apartment on June 14. In the initial investigation, Mumbai Police had found that the actor was under medication for depression.

Addressing herself as Rajput's "girlfriend" for the first time in public, Chakraborty said though she has "complete faith" in the government, a CBI inquiry would help bring justice to the case.

"Respected @AmitShah sir, I'm Sushant Singh Rajput's girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. It is now over a month since his sudden demise. I have complete faith in the government, however in the interest of justice, I request you with folded hands to initiate a CBI enquiry into this matter," the 28-year-old actor wrote on Instagram alongside Rajput's photo.

"I only want to understand what pressures prompted Sushant to take this step. Yours sincerely, Rhea Chakraborty. #satyamevajayate," she added.

Earlier in the day, Chakraborty requested the cyber crime cell to look into rape and murder threats she was receiving ever since Rajput's death, with social media users blaming her for his suicide.

The actor, known for films such as "Mere Dad Ki Maruti" and "Jalebi", eventually disabled the comments section of her Instagram page.

"I was called a gold digger. kept quiet I was called a murderer. I kept quiet, I was slut shamed, I kept quiet.

"But how does my silence give you the right to tell me that you will get me raped and murdered if I don't commit suicide @mannu_raaut?" she wrote tagging one of the accounts from which she received threat.

No one should be subjected to this kind of "toxicity and harassment", she urged.

On June 18, Chakraborty was called to Bandra police station to record her statement.

Advertisement
Back to Top