Mother, Son Die After Consuming Sanitiser Unable To Find Liquor In Kadapa

Representation image - Sakshi Post

KADAPA: A mother and her son died after they consumed sanitizer unable to find liquor in Kadapa district. The shocking incident was reported from Yellama Gudi Street in Chennur Mandal headquarter town of Kadapa district.

According to Chennur police, 24-year-old Sriram Naik and his 52-year-old mother Vijayalakshmi were tipplers and worked as construction workers, a leading daily reported.

They tried to find alcohol on Sunday evening, but their efforts were in vain. Someone had told them that sanitisers contain alcohol and that could give them a kick, so they got a sanitiser and consumed it.

They fell unconscious after sometime, and when neighbours found them in such a state, informed the police.

The mother-son were rushed to RIMS hospital in Kadapa. While Vijaylakshmi died at around 11 am last night, Sriram died early today.

Police said consuming sanitizer in high quantity might be the cause of their deaths.

A case has been registered and their bodies have been sent for postmortem.

In another incident, a fun party turned tragic for four on Saturday night after the friends consumed surgical spirit allegedly unable to afford liquor at Kasimkota in Visakhapatnam district. While three died, another one is critically ill.

Advertisement
Back to Top