Hyderabad: The Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) is all set for Million March in Hyderabad today, despite the police denying permission to the organisers to hold the rally. Security has been beefed up at major places and Tank Bund to be specific. In view of the rally, traffic diversion and restrictions have been imposed at Tank Bund in the city from 11am to 5pm today.
“Like the rulers of the united state, who had attempted to crush a march by using police force, our own government is resorting to similar acts, creating panic among the cadre. The Chief Minister has claimed that he will fight in Delhi for the state but is not allowing the citizens of the state to fight for their rights in the city which is unfair. As the CM, when he can fight in Delhi, why can’t a common man fight for their rights here in the state? After denying permission for the march, police have been arresting TJAC leaders and cadre all over the state illegally. The state government should realise that they cannot repress the aspirations of Telangana citizens through arrests and illegal detentions,” TJAC Kodandaram said.
The first Million March rally took place on March 10, 2011 for separate statehood Telangana. This time around the TJAC plans to commemorate the event. However, the TRS which was hugely supportive of the March then, has been reluctant to join hands with the TJAC for the event.
The state government opines that the rally would cause public inconvenience, especially in view of the ongoing Intermediate examinations.
"Mobilising huge crowds in the heart of the city will lead to stampede and chaos affecting public safety and security. In the past, the Million March agitation programme saw vandalism, arson and violence, causing large-scale inconvenience to public,” the police officials said.
Traffic Diversions and Restrictions.
1. Traffic coming from Secunderbad to Hyderabad will not be allowed beyond Karbala Maidan towards Upper Tankbund will be diverted towards sailing club-Kavadiguda X Road-DBR Mills-Kattamaisamma-Ambedker Statue- Telugu Talli-Ravindra Bharathi.
2. Traffic coming from Necklace Rotary & Telugu Tally will be not be allowed towards Upper Tankbund will be diverted towards Gaganmahal-Indira Park.
3. Traffic coming from Nirankari-Old PS Saifabad-Iqbal Minar will be diverted towards Mint compound or Secretariate Slip road-NTR marg-Necklace Rotary- Necklace Road-Sanjeevaiah park-Nallagutta- Secunderabad.
4. Traffic coming from Liberty will be diverted towards BRK Bhavan-IT-Telugu Tally-Necklace Rotary-V.V. Statue or Necklace Road-Sanjeevaiah Park- Secunderabad.
5. Traffic coming from Basheerbagh or under the Basheerbagh fly over will be diverted towards More Medical Hall-Balaji Grand Bazar- Crystal-I.T- Telugu Tally-Left turn-Iqbal Minar- U turn-Telugu Tally Flyover or Mint compound or Ravindra Bharathi.
6. Traffic coming from Secunderabad will be diverted at Karbala Maidan towards Buddh Bhavan -Sajeevaiah Park-Necklace Road- Necklace Rotary-V.V. Statue or Telugu Tally.