Vishakhapatnam: The air-conditioned double-decker UDAY Express, is likely to begin passenger services from October end, according to a leading daily. The train is going to be of advantage to businessmen and traders between Vizag and Vijayawada. The express train is one of the fast trains in the country on short routes.
The official launch of UDAY Express which was scheduled on August 26 this year was delayed due to former Union minister Arun Jaitely’s demise.
The train is going to start from Vizag railway station at 5.45 am and arrive in Vijayawada 11.15 am., while returning, the train will start from Vijayawada at 5.30 pm and reach Vizag station at 10.55 pm and run five days a week.
The UDAY Express will be the third LHB coach train in the division.
Features of the UDAY Express Train:
- 6 AC chair cars with a seating capacity of 120 each
- LCD screens with Wi-Fi, GPS-based passenger information system
- Bio-toilets: Each coach to have six bio-toilets fitted with raking System (FIBS)
- Each coach will have six display monitors and Public address system
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) is fitted with fire alarm