Eid ul Fitr 2019: will be celebrated across India today. the festivals marks the culmination of the holy month of Ramzan and is considered as the 1st day in the 10th Islamic Shawwal month.
Eid ul Fitr 2019 date, time in India, UAE, USA, Dubai, Kerala and Qatar
The Islamic calendar runs on Lunar cycle. It's a known fact that Muslims end their ramzaan aakhri roza (fasting) only upon sighting of moon after a month's of strict adherence to the five pillars of Islam as mentioned in their holy scripture qoran. Muslims in UAE and Saudi Arabia marked the culmination on Monday evening after sighing ot moon. As a result people in UAE and Saudi Arabia celebrated Eid ul Fitr 2019 on Tuesday 4 june. India will mark Eid ul Fitr 2019 on June 5 as the moon was sighted yesterday night. Kerala, USA too will celebrate Eid today. The crescent moon was sighted in Saudi Arabia and UAE was sighted on Monday evening.
Eid festive rituals and prayers
Prayers or Namaaz and listening to sermons at the mosque marks Eid followed by Eidi (the practice of elders giving gifts to children for festival). Muslims also continue to offer zakat (charity) which begins at the beginning of the holy month of Ramadaan. Then the family gets together for lunch and invite friends and relatives over for a get together. Biryani and Sheer Korma are must have delicacies in every muslim household.
Want to send greet your friend on Eid? here are some Eid Messages for you
- May Allah fill your life with joy and prosperity.
- Eid Mubarak.
- Let this Eid open your mind with new fresh thoughts
- Eid Mubarak (simple and crisp)
- Wishing each other on Eid deepens the bond of love and brotherhood. Blessed Eid ul-Fitr to all of you.
- May this special day bring peace, happiness and prosperity to everyone. Eid Mubarak
- May Allah flood your life with happiness on this occasion, your heart with love, your soul with spiritual, your mind with wisdom, wishing you a very Happy Eid
- Here’s wishing your Eid celebration is full of warmth and fun
- Eid Mubarak!
Twitter is flooded with #EidMubarak wishes. Politicians, cine stars and cricketers took to Twitter to extend their greetings on the occasion of Eid. Here's a look at some of them