Love gone sour: Man Held For Killing Friend Over Girl’s Issue 

Representational image - Sakshi Post

New Delhi: A young man's apparent love for a girl ended up with him allegedly killing his friend and landing up in jail along with an accomplice.

Delhi police have arrested Ranjeet and Sourabh, both 22, in connection with the kidnapping and killing of their friend Deepak alias Govind (24), in Shadara area, officials said on Wednesday. Deepak had become good friends with a female friend of Ranjeet's and that irked the latter, prompting him to kill his friend, said DCP (Shahdara) Nupur Prasad.

Ranjeet had a female friend who had started working in the same call centre at Kaushambi with Deepak around three to four months back and they had become friends, police said. On March 31, Ranjeet called her and offered to drop her home after work but she turned down the offer saying her brother would pick her up from office.

A suspicious Ranjeet then went to her office and hid at a spot from where he saw her coming out with a female friend, police said.

Later, as the girl left, Deepak came on his bike and both of them left together. Ranjeet called up the girl and sought to know her whereabouts, to which she said she was with her brother. He then called up Deepak said he was still in office, police said.

Enraged over their lying to him, Ranjeet intercepeted them on the way along with two other friends of his, the DCP said. After dropping the girl at her place, Deepak along with Ranjeet and others proceeded to have a liquor party, said the officer.

After the four of them had drunk enough, one of them left while Deepak, Ranjeet and Sourabh stayed back. Later on their way back, Deepak and Ranjeet had an argument over the girl near Nathu flyover. In a fit of rage, Ranjeet hit Deepak with a helmet and the latter lost consciousness, the officer said.

The accused then went near Hindon river where Deepak was again thrashed and then thrown in the river, she added. Later, when Deepak did not return home after two days, his brother approached police the next day and a case was registered.

Police questioned locals and established that Deepak was last seen with the girl and later after speaking to her they zeroed in on Ranjeet and Sourabh, who were arrested yesterday while they were planning to flee, police said. The body is yet to be recovered, police said.

Read More:

Back to Top