New Delhi: With New Years Eve fast approaching, it's time to look your best and let your hair down at the end-of-the-year bash. If all of the holiday planning and shopping caused you to leave your New Year strategy sidelined, don't worry - there's still time to get that perfect make-up look and find that fabulous hair-do.
Saba Khan, Head Make Up Artist- MUD India and Celebrity Hairstylist and Make-up expert Namrata Soni dole out some quick fixes to not just look great but also impress many with your flawless face and hair.
"Women are now understanding the importance of good skin care and the role it plays in make-up. Well hydrated skin is the trend of the season. Luminous looking skin with soft metallic sheen has been popular. For those who prefer matte skin, gently flushed cheeks mixed with soft colour and gloss on the eyelids is a great look., " says Khan
For the eyes, liners are always great and soft infused liners have been very popular this year as it simple and effortless. Pop colours have also been popular on the eyes with a well blended finish. Fresh hues of pinks, oranges, blues.
People these days are experimenting with makeup focusing majorly on the eyes.
"In India, the most common makeup trend that can be seen are experimentations with eye makeup, especially winged eyeliners and eye shadows using colours not only limited to classic black but also vibrant colourful shades. Another trend is playing with different textures like metallic and glitter shades", added Khan.
She also lists down some do's and don'ts when it comes to make-up.
* To avoid eyeshadow fallout apply loose powder right on top of the cheekbones and remove the excess after completing the eye make-up.
* Apply glitter over the eyeshadow as it works as a good base for the glitter to show.
* Use minimum products as it makes blending with softer strokes when working on the delicate eye area
For hairstyling for the party season, Soni lists down some pro-tips
* Go for a mild shampoo and no conditioner for people with finer hair. For coarser hair, you may use light amounts on the ends. Stay away from creams or oils (emollients) as this will reduce retention and weigh the hair down.
* Make sure your hair is properly nourished to give it that healthy shine.
* Avoid using extreme heat while drying your hair. The pre-styler helps you achieve the perfect amount of dampness needed to style hair.