Slain Accused Bodies Shifted To Govt Medical College At Mahabubnagar

Govt Medical College, Yedira - Sakshi Post

MAHABUBNAGAR: The bodies of the slain accused were shifted to the Govt Medical College at Yedira in Mahaboob Nagar amidst tight security on Sunday. There is no clarity as to when the bodies will be officially handed over to the families of the accused. Police forces were deployed in their villages and arrangements were already made for their last rites, as the police were keen to complete the process as early as possible in the presence of few relatives to prevent any untoward incident.

After Friday's encounter, the police had brought some relatives of the deceased from their villages in Narayanpet district to Mahabubnagar to handover the bodies after autopsy. However, the process came to a halt following High Court's intervention.

The High Court at an emergency hearing late on Friday evening, directed the authorities to preserve the bodies till December 9, when Chief Justice R.S. Chauhan will take up hearing of a petition filed by various rights' groups, seeking comprehensive probe into 'extra-judicial killings' at the hands of police.

After conducting autopsy on all four bodies at the government-run hospital in Mahabubnagar town on Friday night, the bodies were preserved at mortuary. Police made elaborate security arrangements at the hospital premises by deploying armed personnel and erecting barricades on approaching roads.

Also Read: Post-Mortem Of 4 Accused In Hyderabad Rape-Murder Case  Completed

A fact-finding team of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) visited the hospital on Saturday to see the bodies and gather details from officials concerned and forensic experts.The families of the slain accused were waiting at the hospital to receive the bodies when the High Court intervened to direct the authorities to preserve the bodies till Monday. It also asked the government to videograph the autopsy.

Also Read: NHRC Team Begins Probe Into Alleged Hyderabad Police Encounter Case

Advocate General B.S. Prasad told the High Court that a team of forensic experts from Hyderabad's Gandhi Hospital conducted the autopsy and the entire process was videographed. The court directed that the video be handed over to Mahabubnagar district judge, who in turn will submit the same to the bench.

The four accused killed in the encounter were lorry drivers Mohammed Pasha alias Arif, Chintakunta Chennakeshavulu and lorry cleaners Jollu Shiva and Jollu Naveen. Arif was 26-year-old while the remaining were all aged 20. They were all arrested on November 29, two days after the gruesome rape and murder of the veterinarian. Police claimed that the accused attacked the police personnel when they were taken to Chatanpally to recover victim's mobile phone and other objects. Two of the accused allegedly snatched weapons from police and opened fire. Police claimed that all four were killed in retaliatory fire.

Also Read: Four Accused In Vet’s Rape And Murder, Shot Dead In Police Encounter
Also Read: Vet Doctor Murder Case Solved, Four People Arrested
Also Read: Vet Doctor Burnt Alive Near Shadnagar

Back to Top