Siddipet (Telangana):Siddipet: Birthday celebrations turned tragic when a 39-year-old man and his son (9) died after eating a birthday cake, which was suspected to be laced with poison. The incident took place at Ayinapur in Siddipet district on Thursday, police said.

The man's wife and daughter, who consumed the cake on Wednesday night, were undergoing treatment in two separate hospitals here and in Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad.

Preliminary investigation revealed that there was some property dispute between the man and his cousin brother, who had sent the cake, suspected to be poisoned.

As per details, I Ravinder was married to Bhagyalakshmi and they had two children Pujitha (12) and Ram Charan ( 9). He is a said to have property disputes with his cousin brother named A Srinivas.

On Wednesday, Srinivas met the family and coming to know that it was Ram Charan's birthday, said that he would send a cake from Siddipet for the boy. They celebrated his birthday and the parent helped him cut the cake and fed him.

After a while, Ram Charan complained of uneasiness and said that his tongue was becoming thick. Ravinder also felt the same symptoms. Soon his wife and daughter also felt sick.

The four of them immediately rushed to Siddipet Government Hospital in an auto and doctors started treatment. However, Ramcharan and his father died on Thursday morning while undergoing treatment. Pujitha whose condition turned critical was shifted to Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad. The samples of the cake have been sent to a lab to ascertain if it was with laced with any poisonous substance, police said.

Locals said that had they eaten the cake they would also have met the same fate. Siddipet CI Saidulu arrested Srinivas and took him into custody. A case was registered under section 174 of CrPC and investigation is on, he said.

Also Read: Tribal Woman Beaten Up, Paraded Half-naked For Eloping With Man From Another Tribe

Also Read: Man Kicks Pregnant Wife In The Stomach While In-laws Continue Dowry Harassment