Hyderabad: Kachiguda police on Tuesday solved the mysterious death of a daily wage worker who was found murdered on the railway tracks at Nimboliadda seven months ago.

The killer, like in many cases in the recent past, is none other than his own wife who was arrested by the police along with three of her relatives who helped her in the murder.

D. Jamuna, a labourer from Kachiguda, lodged a complaint with police stating that her husband D Yellaiah had gone missing on July 28, 2017. Kachiguda police later found Yellaiah dead on the railway tracks near Nimboliadda rail bridge. The murder case, registered by the Kachiguda railway police, was transferred to their law and order counterparts.

During investigation, police came to know that Jamuna, a native of Karnataka, had married one Kishan of Maharastra 16 years ago and that they had come to Hyderabad 13 years ago in search of livelihood. After some time, Jamuna deserted Kishan and started living with Yellaiah, who after quitting work started harassing his wife for money to buy alcohol. "Unable to put up with the harassment, Jamuna moved several times, changing her house, without informing Yellaiah, but he would track her down and harass her again for money," DCP, East Zone, C. Sashidhar Raju said.

Jamuna's family tried to reform the drunkard but he did not mend his ways. Yellaiah continued to harass her and would beat her two children. He would cut his hands with blades, eat tube light powder and would walk in a semi-nude state in the street.

On July 28, Yellaiah thrashed Jamuna and her kids severely for not giving him money to buy liquor. After the incident, Jamuna requested her brother Dattha Kishan Telang, relatives Babu Rao Telang and Rajender Kishan Telang to help her get rid of Yellaiah.

The trio lured Yellaiah to the railway tracks near Nimboliadda bridge by offering him alcohol and then killed him by throwing boulders on his head. After a detailed probe, police arrested the woman and the three men who killed the drunkard. A Nampally criminal court remanded them to judicial custody.