Champions Trophy 2017: Professional India Hold Edge Over Pakistan Despite Past Records  

Indian skipper Virat Kohli and his Pakistani counterpart Sarfraz Ahmed posed with the trophy ahead of the final match of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 due on Sunday. - Sakshi Post

India will face off arch-rival Pakistan at The Oval in south London on Sunday when both the teams meet in the latest edition of international cricket’s most high-profile clash.

Indian skipper Virat Kohli and his Pakistani counterpart Sarfraz Ahmed posed with the trophy ahead of the final match of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 due on Sunday. Though the past records show Pakistan's dominance in the past, Indian team with its professional skills acquired of late hold an edge, analysts say.

The cricket fever gripped the entire country as people are performing yagams and poojas. Soldiers on the border gathered to cheer the team.

India Vs Pakistan History

Pak vs India ODIs - 128

Pak won - 72

India won - 52

Total finals - 8

Pak won - 6

India won - 2

However, professional India looks much better than pakistan, opines a Pakistani sports analysts.

Match Timing

The match will begin at 2:00pm (IST).

Where to watch

DD National, Star Sports 1, Star Sports HD1, Star Sports 2, Star Sports HD2, Star Sports 3, Star Sports HD3

England: Sky Sports 2 will have live coverage of the match, with build-up starting at 10am (London Time).

The weather forecast

The rain played a significant role in Australia’s exit from the competition, but the sun has been out for the majority of this week and the forecast is great for Sunday.

The weatherman says we should expect lots of sun, highs of 28C and very little chance of rain.

Both the teams have already played each other in this competition – it was their first match of the Champions Trophy and took place on 4 June.

India posted an impressive 319/3, before rain shortened the match and Pakistan were set a revised target of 289 to win in 41 overs. They fell well short, and were bowled out for just 164.

What’s fans’ prediction

India have 60 percent chances while Pakistan 40 percent to win.

Squads

India

Virat Kohli (Captain), R Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Shikhar Dhawan, MS Dhoni (WK), Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Rohit Sharma, Hardik Pandya, Umesh Yadav, Yuvraj Singh, Mohammed Shami.

Pakistan

Sarfraz Ahmed (Captain, WK), Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Fahim Ashraf, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Hafiz, Mohammad Amir, Junaid Khan, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Fakhar Zaman.

Advertisement
Back to Top