Kadapa: A major fire broke out in a function hall named Sridevi Bhudevi Sametha Sri Venkataswara Swamy Kalyana Mandapam at Badvel, in YSR Kadapa district on Sunday morning.
Locals called fire tenders, who rushed to the spot and have doused out the fire and the situation has been brought under control till reports came in. Fire officials say that the fire might have occurred due to a short circuit in the function hall building.
The total extent of damage is yet to be ascertained, but the function hall owners say that property including chairs, furniture worth Rs 30 to Rs 40 lakhs has been gutted in the fire.
Sridevi Bhudevi Sametha Kalyana Venkateswara Swamy temple and Mandapam is located in heart of Badvel town. Locals of Badvel town formed a private trust board and constructed the temple, Kalyana mandapam and Annadanam mandapam in 2014 after taking permission from the Endowments department.
Stay tuned for more updates.