Amaravati: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy said that Junior colleges should be established in every mandal in the state. Stating this while speaking at a review meeting with officials from the Education department on Wednesday, YS Jagan said that officials should make an action plan ready to implement this in future. He said that high schools in the state should be scaled up to have 11th and 12th classes in a systematic way. Eventually this should pave way for junior colleges to be established, he said.
Highlights from the review meeting:
- Formulate a plan to repair colleges in the constituencies
- 44,512 schools to be repaired. In the first round 15410 schools to be developed which come under Panchayati Raj, Municipal , Tribal , Social & BC Welfare departments.
- Nine types of development to be undertaken in every slot with focus on quality.
-School authorities said that by March 14 , 2020 the first phase development would be completed under the Naadu-Needu scheme.
- School Committees ratification is necessary for these works.
-Involve old students, parents in the development of schools
- Education in English medium from next year for classes from one to eight. After which class nine and ten would be included.Teachers to be specially trained for imparting education in English.
-Increase Teacher ratio based on number of students in class.
- Take necessary steps to recruit new teachers and fill up posts on January every year. Decide the tests also based on divisions.
-Include topics like climate change, environment, safety on roads and other issues in the curriculum
-From next year, ensure uniforms shoes, books to be distributed on the day students join school.
- Quality food to given to students under the midday meal scheme, check the quality of eggs and decentralise their distribution.
- Take all steps to ensure proper infrastructure in schools and colleges. Private Educational institutions should also ensure the same to be followed then there will be no scope for comparison or criticism, YS Jagan said.