Amaravati: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy conducted a review meeting with the officials of the Township and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (TIDCO) in the State capital on Wednesday.
Highlights from the meeting
YS Jagan reviewed the ongoing housing projects status.
- Ensure that there is no scope for corruption in any of these housing projects.
- Cross check what are the actual rates against the market rates.
- Seek the suggestions of expert before finalising rates.
- Take advice from experts of reputed organisations.
- There is no need to consider the existing SSR. However, factor in realistic prices to come up with the reverse tenders
- Since the sand is free of cost, the cement at subsidised rates and the lands at free of cost definitely, the rates should be reduced.
- Authorities have announced that the new rates would be announced by the month end. Reverse tendering will be on from the next month
Status of Housing in urban area:
TIDCO officials informed YS Jagan that :
- 65,000 homes were at the foundation level.
- 37 ,000 homes at basement level.
- Reverse tendering to be implemented for 1.02 thousand homes.
- More than 1.75 lakh houses are in different stages of construction.
- The CM ordered that the remaining eligible 4 lakhs beneficiaries should be given land to build flats.
The event was attended by Municipal Minister Botsa Satyanarayana, Finance Minister Buggana Rajendranath, Agriculture Minister Kurasala Kannababu and other TIDCO officials.