Amaravati: The Andhra Pradesh government decided to tone up higher education in the state and a committee has been formed to this effect. Headed by Professor N. Balakrishnan of Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, the other members of the committee are:
Professor Desai ... Director, IIT, Hyderabad
Professor Jandhyala BG Tilak... former Vice-Chancellor, National Institute Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA)
Professor Nalini Juneja ... (NUEPA, Delhi)
R. Venkat Reddy ... M.V. Foundation
Sudha Narayana Murthy ... Chairperson, Infosys Foundation
Dr. N. Rajashekhara Reddy ... former VC, Council for Higher Education
S. Ramakrishna Raju ... Social Activist, Bhimavaram
Aluri Sambasiva Reddy ... representative of educational institutions
Secretary, Department of Schools, Govt. of AP
Principal Secretary, Govt. of AP (Convenor)
B. Ishwaraiah ... Rishi Valley
DVRK Prasad ... Oakridge International School
The Committee will submit its report in six weeks and the departments concerned will provide information and assistance sought by it. Necessary steps to raise the quality of educational standards accordingly under 'Quick Impact Project'. The Committee's recommendations should get reflected in the academic year 2019-20.
Highlights of the GO
- The Committee will suggest a uniform policy for various government schools.
- It will recommend steps to be put in place in terms of human resources and infrastructure to deliver quality education.
- The Committee will come up with suggestions in tune with the Govt of India, HRD ministry's guidelines relating to Education Policy-2019.
- It will suggest measures to be taken to improve the standards of vocational education.
- It will recommend steps to be taken to tone up SCERT and other organisation
Also Read: CM YS Jagan To Crack Down On Corruption