Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy stated in the state legislative assembly that his government would stand by farmers of the state. He said that just as Dr. YS Rajasekhara Reddy had ushered in farmer-friendly governance, YS Jagan's government would ensure that farmers prospered over the next five years. The chief minister pointed out that state government officials wrote several letters to the chief minister for procurement of seeds and settlement of Rs. 300 cr arrears on this count. However, the Chandrababu government did not respond. Moreover, the TDP government did not spend a rupee on Rs. 900 cr funds received from Centre on farmers.  At the time that Chandrababu Naidu came to power there were arrears of Rs. 87,612 cr towards agricultural loans. The loans were not waived and even the interest amount not paid.
The chief minister pointed to a video clip showing Chandrababu Naidu's pre-election promise of loan waivers to farmers. Later, Chandrababu Naidu backtracked and declared a token one-time settlement, he pointed out.
The chief minister said that for the past five years TDP rulers played with the lives of farmers. The YSRCP government despite a deficit monsoon of 48.3 per cent ensured free power supply for 9 hours during day time. 60% of feeders were ready for this and by June next year the remaining 40% of feeders would also be ready at an expenditure of Rs. 1700 crore.

The YSRCP government announded Rs. 7 lakhs a ex-gratia to the families of farmers who committed suicide. It also brought in YSR zero interest scheme for farmers. The chief minister also said Rs. 84,000 cr were released by the state government towards crop loans to farmers. Similarly, 1,38 lakh acres have been covered under crop insurance. YS Jagan added that the YSRCP government had already introduced a host of other farmer-friendly schemes within a month of assuming office, YSR Rythu Bharosa, a calamity relief fund to help farmers with Rs. 2,000 crores, a price stabilisation fund with Rs. 3,000 crores and extension of Rythu Bharosa to 16 lakh tenant farmers in the state, among other things .

Also Read: YS Jagan Rebutts Chandrababu’s Criticism

Also Read: Nara Lokesh Blamed For TDP’s Dismal Performance In Elections