Amaravati: In what the YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) called a "socially-inclusive Cabinet," 25 new ministers were inducted into the YS Jagan Mohan Reddy's Council of Ministers in Andhra Pradesh on Saturday. State Governor ESL Narasimhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new ministers at a glittering public function adjacent to the Secretariat at Velagapudi in capital Amaravati.
Breaking News: YS Jagan’s First Cabinet Meet: What’s On The Agenda?
In line with his electoral promise, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy gave Cabinet berths to:
- Seven legislators from the backward classes
- Five from the Scheduled Castes
- One each from the Scheduled Tribes and Muslims
- Four each from the Kapu and the Reddy communities.
- The Kshatriya and the Vysya communities also got one berth each.
- The Kamma community got one berth.
- Women members:The 26-member Cabinet, including the Chief Minister, has three women members; two from the Scheduled Castes and one from the Scheduled Tribes.
- Legislative Council: Ramana Rao, who belongs to the fishermen community, lost the recent Assembly election from Repalle constituency but got a Cabinet berth and will be nominated to the Legislative Council.
East Godavari, West Godavari and Krishna districts, where the YSRC bagged sizeable number of seats, got three Cabinet berths each.
Kurnool, Chittoor, SPS Nellore, Prakasam, Guntur and Vizianagaram districts got two each while Anantapuramu, Kadapa, Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam got one each.
G Srikanth Reddy has been appointed as the Government Chief Whip in the Assembly with a Cabinet rank.