End Of Drama: Attacker Of YS Jagan Moved To Vizag Central Jail After Probe Ends

Attacker Of YS Jagan, Janupalli Srinivasa Rao - Sakshi Post

Visakhapatnam: The six-day investigation of the attacker of Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, Janupalli Srinivasa Rao, came to an end on Friday evening. Amid a lot of hype and media attention, the AP police completed the investigation before the accused was produced before the Court and shifted to judicial remand. Based on Srinivasa Rao's call data and the CCTV footage, the Special Investigation Team (SIT) carried out the investigation.

It appeared that the SIT wasted precious time all along by feeding false stories to the media each day, as per the directions of their boss, DGP RP Thakur. In the sensational murder attempt on the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly, the police managed to water down the case in the six-day period. On the final day of the investigation, police officials sensationalized the case saying they were planning to file a petition in the Court seeking extra time for investigation and that permission for a lie-detector test would be sought in the context of suspicion over the attacker's responses.

It must be said that the SIT successfully managed to go by the DGP's action plan with their every-day activity in six days. The state of affairs in the police investigation could be gauged from the fact that Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leader and Fusion Foods owner Harshvardhan Choudhary, who was a key conspirator behind the attack on YS Jagan, was not even called for investigation by the SIT.

Investigation Drama Over Coffee, Tea

On Friday, the last day of investigation, the police officials, it is said, spent considerable time in the name of preparing record work. At 3:30 pm, the assailant was shifted to the Court after conducting medical tests. Following the Third Metropolitan Magistrate's order, Srinivasa Rao was shifted to Visakhapatnam Central Jail.

On the other side, it was found that the police department did not file the petition for lie detector tests. The Court discussed the petition seeking extension of judicial custody, but was however not satisfied with the plea.

Meanwhile, the petitions filed for access to YS Jagan's shirt at the time of the incident, the 11-page letter found with the accused and the flexis were not heard on Friday due to the unavailability of the Public Prosecutor.

No Problem Whatsoever

The assailant Srinivasa Rao, who cried of threat to his life two days ago, was silent on the final day. It appeared that he had no problems whatsoever and looked as if he was happy to go to prison.

Srinivasa Rao Jailed In High Security Block

After the six-day SIT investigation, Srinivasa Rao was shifted to the High-security block in Visakhapatnam Central Jail. No other prisoners would be able to communicate with the attacker, the officials informed. It appears that the police did not probe some of the critical dimensions central to the case such as how did Srinivasa Rao, who had a criminal history, secure a No Objection Certificate from the local police, which is essential for him to gain employment at the airport? How was a sharp knife smuggled into the high-security VIP lounge of the airport? Why was Harshavardhan Prasad Choudhary not interrogated by the SIT authorities? How did Srinivasa Rao gain an all-access pass giving him the right to move freely into all areas of the airport including high-security zones? Why did the police not focus on Srinivasa Rao's background in the village of Thanelanka in Mummidivaram mandal of East Godavari district and his affiliations to the ruling Telugu Desam Party? Why were important aspects such as his reported attempts to buy four acres of land near his village for about Rs 1 crore, not probed? All these questions hang in limbo while the SIT hastily puts together a report which it appears, is meant only to please its political bosses.

Also Read: YS Jagan Wave Will Sweep Across AP In 2019 Lok Sabha Polls

Read More:

Back to Top