Telangana Budget for the financial year 2018-19 was off to a great start on Thursday morning. The country's youngest state's finance minister Etela Rajender began his presentation of budget at 11 am.
Here are highlights from Telangana Budget 2018-19:
* To improve green cover in the state, Rs 1,166 crore allocated for Telanganaku Haritha Haram scheme.
* Rs 1800 crore allocated for Mission Bhagiratha scheme to give piped water to all the households in the state.
* Distribution of three acres land to landless Dalits will be continued this year too Rs 1470 crore earmarked for the same.
* For development of Backward Classes, Rs 1000 crore have been allocated to MBC Corporation.
* Rs 1790 crore allocated for women and child welfare schemes.
* Rs 250 crore for Yadagirigutta and Rs 150 crore Bhadradri temples development.
* For government's flagship programme, 2 BHK housing project, Rs 2,600 crore allocated.
* For Shadi Mubarak and Kalyana Lakshmi schemes, financial assistance to poor, Rs 1450 crore have been allocated.
* New Panchayat Raj bill will be introduced in the present session.
* This year too, the government has allocated Rs 25,000 crore for irrigation projects, the amount will be used to complete all pending irrigation projects including Palamuru-Ranga Reddy project.
* Rs 12,000 crore have been allocated towards input subsidy to farmers, Rs 500 crore have been earmarked for crop insurance and Rs 167 crore for promoting micro irrigation.
* State revenue estimated for the current financial year is Rs 73,751 crore.
* Revenue expenditure for the year current financial is Rs 1,25,464 crore.
* State budget is of Rs1,74,453 crore
* Telangana GSDP is expected to touch 10.02 this year
* Rs 7,370 crore allocated for health sector, Rs 2,800 crore for education department
* For power sector Rs 5,650 crore have been allocated, ongoing power plants construction would be completed.
* Rs 75 crore allocated for journalists welfare and Rs 100 crore for advocates welfare.
* Rs 500 crore allocated for construction of new collectorates and district police offices. In the last budget Rs 600 crore were allocated.
* As many as 6,200 new industries were set up in the state under TSIPASS. Rs 1.18 lakh crore investments have come to the state
* Rs 7,200 crore allocated for municipal administration including Rs 300 crore for Warangal municipal corporation and Rs 400 crore for other municipal corporations. No financial assistance for GHMC
* Mega Food Park would come up at Buggapadu in Khammam district.
* Four lakh youth would get employment once eco-Pharmacity is completed at Mucherla.
* The government would take steps to fill up all vacancies in the states. Of 1.10 lakh vacancies identified, steps have been initiated to fill up 83,000 posts while 27,000 vacancies were filled
* Rs 5,800 crore have been allocated to the Police department.
* Medical devices hub to be set up at Sultanpur in Sanga Reddy district.