Srikakulam: An Anganwadi worker was severely injured when a pressure cooker exploded at the government school at Thallavalasa village, Laveru mandal of Srikakulam district.

The incident which occurred on Wednesday, caused severe panic among the students in the school. The victim has been identified as Venkata Lakshmi. The locals immediately rushed her to a private hospital in Srikakulam town.

The incident caused severe panic among the parents as they rushed to the school to see their wards. According to the police, Venkata Lakshmi was cooking dal when the pressure cooker went off.