New Delhi: Give your home a makeover, invest in soft furnishings in Indian prints like Ikat and paisley with matching serve ware and use bed sheets with dobby designs, quirky motifs and animal prints this year, suggest experts.
Sonam Gupta, Design Head of Tangerine and Abhinav Aggarwal, Director at By Adab, have listed few trends:
* The furniture this year will adorn darker browns and they will be polished with metallic handles.
* Globally, the soft furnishings and serve ware will be block printed in more Indian prints of Ikat and Paisley. However, the blending of tropical prints in luscious green and blue with applique work will be the highlight this year.
* You will also find a lot of decor pieces in brass and some complimented with marble to create an up-to- the-minute look.
* This year hues of white will be out. The idea of all white kitchen, bedroom and the soft furnishings, which at sometime felt eternal, will be seen very less of.
* Solid colors will be included in minimalism and will be replaced by varied ethnic and exotic prints. They will be coupled with mosaic, scroll, fret, chevron and paisley patterns which will be seen on walls, ceilings, floor, furniture as well as fabric décor in appropriate measure.
Minimalism will be replaced with maximalism to create a more pleasant and swarming atmosphere.
* Heavy, unnatural colours like red and maroon will be used nominally. Unsophisticated yet absolutely mesmerizing shades of earth like tans, browns and rust will be much in use.
* Using light fabrics will help getting in more natural light into your room. Using slipcovers in the shades of peach, grey, red and black for your sofas, love seats and armchairs look trendy and classy. Use fabrics that are washable and durable.
* Add a touch of class to your bedroom by using bed sheets with dobby designs, quirky motifs and animal prints in fine yarns and high thread counts. This will make you feel calm and add a contented look to your room.
* Choose placemats and runners that match the furniture of your room which give a touch of elegance and a melodious look to your sweet room.