Vizianagaram: Two people, including a woman, died of electric shock at Bhogapuram mandal here in the district on Saturday night.

According to the police, 53-year-old woman Paidamma, who went to relieve herself, accidentally came into contact with live wire at Chakivalasa village of Bhogapuram mandal. When did not return home, Paidamma's son-in-law Narayana Rao(22) went in search of her. Due to low visibility in the dark, Narayana also could notice the live wire and stepped on it. Death was instantaneous for the victims.

The electric wire has fallen in the field due to heavy rains that have lashing the parts of Andhra Pradesh. The police said that the strong gales might have resulted in snapping of the electric wires in the village. A case of accidental death was registered and investigation is on.